Sunday, August 6, 2023

Enjoy Every Second (Michael Franti & Spearhead)

Artwork: Thomas Eakins

Hello, Blogosphere!  Yep, I'm still around... even though it's been about six months since I posted here.  Oh [six-second-pause] well.  As we all know, Life Happens... and some of it's been challenging (🤐) and some of it's been joyful (Joni Jam in Seattle... 💖) and some of it's been balanced (☯) and, honestly, we wouldn't appreciate the ups without the downs, would we?  I continue to be grateful for every second I remain on the planet, hopefully effecting change, creating positive vibes, learning and growing.

Yesterday was my 69th birthday... and my initial plan was to read all day (have we met?... 😉) and I did, a bit... but mostly I had wonderful phone calls with my three amazing adult children as well as a few other friends and family... responded to birthday texts... and personally replied to each and every social media post (don't you just love birthdays on Facebook?!?... 🎂)

So, for this next trip around the sun, I vow, in true Leo I-want-it-all-and-I-want-it-now fashion:  MORE connection with family and friends... MORE reading... MORE gardening... MORE moving... MORE stillness... MORE beach time... and MORE Colin (I absolutely adore my just-turned-five-year-old grandson... 💞)


P.S.  I actually created a Birthday Fundraiser (a pinned post to my Facebook page) for the most fabulous True North Project; I am beyond honored to be a board member!  Please consider a donation if you're so inclined... 🧭



SONGEnjoy Every Second by Michael Franti & Spearhead

BOOK:  
Daily Magic: Spells and Rituals for Making the Whole Year Magical (Witchcraft & Spells) by Judika Illes

POEM:  This Body by 
Joyce Sutphen

When I stepped ashore in this body
I was recognized at once
and given a name.

My bones were smaller, but the shape
of the cheek and the chin
are the same.

This is the only body I know: this color
my eyes, this color my skin.
Every scar is mine.

I have become as tall, as slim, as old
as I am. My voice has carried the weight
of what I had to say.

Words were scattered along the way: words
on gravel roads, in hallways and staircases.
Words on a wire.

Somewhere in a field, my hair. Somewhere in a lake,
my skin, some rooftop where my gaze rested,
some star, a wish.

This is my address on earth: temporary, fragile,
a name in the phonebook,
at the moment, alive.

QUOTE(S):  “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~ C.S. Lewis

“No, my friend, you are not ‘too old’. You’ve only grown into a hand-me-down lie. You are younger than your tomorrows, wiser than your yesterdays, confident in your now, centuries ahead of seconds, stronger for all you’ve conquered, and deserving of the levels you have reached. It’s about time to admit that you are timeless.” ~ Broms the Poet

2 comments:

  1. I ❤️ how eclectic and heart warming this post is. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies if I don't know who this is... and thanks for your kind words, as well as for the birthday wishes!

      Delete