Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Tea & Sympathy (Janis Ian)

[credit to my daughter Sarah for the photo collage!]

I started my day by *finally* receiving the Accident Report, which we'd been waiting a week for.  Oof.  Nothing I didn't know but, as if we needed this tragedy any more final, there it was in black-and-white.  Literally.

I am very tired.  I met up with Rev. Amy this afternoon, and we sat in a coffeeshop for three hours, worth every second.  I've known this dear woman for years, waaaay before she became a UU minister; Amy was of course the first person I thought of to officiate Eric's Celebration of Life and it was through her that we found the perfect venue as well.  She helped with logistical details, and shared much wisdom about the grief process; mostly though, I had the opportunity to talk a lot about Eric, to give her a sense of him... which gave *me* immense peace of mind, so much so that she asked me to call her when I got home.  I hadn't been that relaxed in a while (and it wasn't just the ginger tea... ☮)

I also had a lovely phone conversation with Pam, about tomorrow night's Dar concert, which I'll be missing for obvious reasons.  I asked Pam to share Every. Little. Detail, and I know I'll be there in spirit... πŸ’–

About all I can muster this evening.  Hoping to get a good night's sleep to tackle whatever tomorrow brings, in addition to what's already on The List.

Our daughter Sarah made the above photo collage; I knew she would post the news about Eric on Facebook when she was ready, and she did today.  She has an incredible support system, and they all had such kind words to share.  I hope she sleeps well tonight too... πŸ’€


SONGTea & Sympathy by Janis Ian

give me laugh lines and wrinkles
i want proof of the jokes we shared
engrave the lines into my face like
the roots of a tree that grow deeper
with each passing year
i want sunspots as souvenirs
for the beaches we laid on
i want to look like i was
never afraid to let the world 
take me by hand
and show me what it’s made of
i want to leave this place knowing
i did something with my body
other than trying to 
make it look perfect
~ rupi kaur

QUOTE:  “Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.” ~ Thomas Carlyle 

8 comments:

  1. πŸ’œ✨πŸ’œ✨πŸ’œ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your continued check-ins, Mary. No obligation ever, but I am grateful... <3

      Delete
  2. Sarah’s photo collage is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, right? That girl is so good with techy stuff (unlike her dinosaur mom). I should have given her credit; I will go back and do that now!

      Delete
    2. That was from me…didn’t realize there was no name!

      Delete
    3. A-ha! Judi, it's you! Thanks for clarifying in your previous post. My brain cells are obviously limited these days... :-/

      Delete