Sunday, April 4, 2021

I Would Do Anything for You (Foster The People)


For months, I have been calling Colin my Snuggle Bunny because, when we are together, he is the best cuddler, burrowing himself into my chest, neck, the crook of my arm.  For Easter, I bought him the above shirt, and gave it to him today, explaining that it was Colin and Lala... 💖

We went over to Sarah's this morning; she had already done an egg hunt with him in the apartment.  I cooked and brought vegan sausage patties, mini-JustEgg quiches, and crescent rolls; she made roast potatoes and provided mimosas.  The boys are working and therefore were unable to join us (sad face).  I wore my bunny slippers and bunny ears, we decorated bunny cookies, and Sarah had a playlist in the background which included Van Morrison, Tori Amos, Tom Petty, Ani DiFranco, and others (we raised her right... 😍 )

Home now, and ready for a nap (too much champagne and sugar!).  Lifting a glass to gratitude, rebirth, and renewal... 🍸


BOOK:  Snuggle Bunnies by L. C. Falken, Lisa McCue (Illustrator)

POEM:  Love Song by Rainer Maria Rilke

When my soul touches yours a great chord sings!
How shall I tune it then to other things?
O! That some spot in darkness could be found
That does not vibrate when’er your depth sound.
But everything that touches you and me
Welds us as played strings sound one melody.
Where is the instrument whence the sounds flow?
And whose the master-hand that holds the bow?
O! Sweet song—

QUOTE:  "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.  The second best time is now." ~ Chinese proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment