Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Movie of My Life (Susan Werner)

This afternoon I realized it's been a full month since I began blogging... and I've actually managed to post something every day - I don't always achieve my goals, deadlines and wishlists but it's comforting to know that when I set my mind to something, I have a greater chance of achieving. Hmmmm - no rocket science message there... :-)

What started out as a song/book/poem/quote cut-and-dried exercise has become fuller over time - I decided to add pictures to accompany each post and am quite pleased with the results. I'm "talking" more, injecting a bit of myself into the day's contributions - it feels comfortable, as I'm overcoming my technoweenie self to learn and grow in a cyber-environment.

Basically, though, I still consider it a journal - at this point, I've only shared the site with three people in my life... and others seem to have stumbled across it. Maybe I'll tell a few more - maybe not. I'm not actively searching for validation or applause or feedback (of course, it's always nice when they happen organically) - this ritual has become my mind/body/spirit meditation... and it feels good to slow down enough to do something daily with forethought, creativity and intention.

P.S. The picture will make sense when you read the song lyrics!

SONG: Movie of My Life by Susan Werner

BOOK: Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

POEM: What's in My Journal by William Stafford

Odd things, like a button drawer. Mean
Things, fishhooks, barbs in your hand.
But marbles too. A genius for being agreeable.
Junkyard crucifixes, voluptuous
discards. Space for knickknacks, and for
Alaska. Evidence to hang me, or to beatify.
Clues that lead nowhere, that never connected
anyway. Deliberate obfuscation, the kind
that takes genius. Chasms in character.
Loud omissions. Mornings that yawn above
a new grave. Pages you know exist
but you can't find them. Someone's terribly
inevitable life story, maybe mine.

QUOTE: "When we think of beauty, we often think of those things we cannot hold... the moments when we are loved, the distant rainbow, the sweet ordinariness of times when nothing exceptional happens, but we are aware of doors to other worlds and the shaft of light drenches the now with unspeakable joy." ~ Rita Gormley

No comments:

Post a Comment