Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Little Train (Cosy Sheridan)

I found the following on the blog of a friend and it most certainly hit home with me - I've been in such flux lately. Since J's death, my sweet little 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. part-time job is still full-time (9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) - my life is always a mad scramble... but even more so lately, as the obligations I took on when my schedule seemed able to handle now feel overwhelming. Seems like my life is a series of meetings these days, and I've lost track of what I love - I don't believe I'm doing justice to family and friends, not to mention myself (where is my leisure time?!?). I have no one to blame but myself, and I've vowed to become pro-active about re-taking charge of my life - I've targeted two areas of responsibility I should (and can) "scrape off my plate", and now it's just a matter of doing so, effectively and graciously.

I need focus and perspective and calm (oh my) - I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

(1) "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things." ~ Edgar Degas

(2) "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment." ~ Rumi, translated by Coleman Barks

(3) "All of us are crazy good in one way or another." ~ Yiddish saying

(4) "You are either losing your mind -- or gaining your soul." ~ Julia Cameron



She just wants an understudy, a body
double for the days when she does
not feel like appearing in any of the roles
she has assumed and/or been assigned.
She places an ad in the paper. Wanted:
one wife, mother, daughter, neighbor,
friend. Live-in OK. Own car necessary.
No lines to memorize; everything ad-
libbed. No days off.

QUOTE: "To have a firm persuasion in our work - to feel that what we do is right for ourselves and good for the world at exactly the same time - is one of the great triumphs of human existence." ~ David Whyte

No comments:

Post a Comment