Sunday, January 10, 2021

Carry On (fun.)

No commentary this morning.  Don't read anything into it.  Just seems that all the elements came together to make sense to me. I heard this song (new to me) on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Tuesday night (if you are not familiar, go go go watch it now; Season 2 just started on NBC, and Season 1 is available on Hulu!), and the poem popped up in my inbox Friday morning.  Aren't I a lucky woman to magnetize these works of art into my personal Universe? ... 💞

And this:


SONGCarry On by fun.

BOOKThe Listening Path: The Creative Art of Attention (A 6-Week Artist's Way Program) by Julia Cameron

POEM:  [i don't know what living a balanced life feels like] by rupi kaur

i don't know what living a balanced life feels like
when i am sad
i don't cry i pour
when i am happy
i don't smile i glow
when i am angry
i don't yell i burn

the good thing about feeling in extremes is
when I love I give them wings
but perhaps that isn't
such a good thing cause
they always tend to leave
and you should see me
when my heart is broken
i don't grieve
i shatter

QUOTE:  “I have been thinking lately about what it would be like to lose the compulsion to create, to make poems, or any kind of art. Would I miss it? My life would surely be less hectic, spiritually speaking. I am curious, but curious the way I am curious about what it is like to be something I can’t even conceive of being, like a stone, or the sound of water dripping. Another state of being I will have to write my way toward, I guess.” ~ Marc Pietrzykowski

No comments:

Post a Comment