Monday, August 10, 2020

Wondering Where the Lions Are (Bruce Cockburn)

FREE WILL ASTROLOGY, week beginning August 6 by Rob Brezsny

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): At times in our lives, it's impractical to be innocent and curious and blank and receptive. So many tasks require us to be knowledgeable and self-assured and forceful and in control. But according to my astrological analysis, the coming weeks will be a time when you will benefit from the former state of mind: cultivating what Zen Buddhists call "beginner's mind." The Chinese refer to it as *ch_x_n*, or the mind of a novice. The Koreans call it the *eee mok oh?* approach, translated as "What is this?" Buddhist teacher Jack Kornfield defines it as the "don't-know mind." During this upcoming phase, I invite you to enjoy the feeling of being at peace with all that's mysterious and beyond your understanding.


We're only one week into my Birth *Month*, and it's been glorious!  First of all, thanks to all who read my blog (many, many views!) this past Wednesday, and a special thanks to those who took the time to comment.  The outpouring conjured memories of Facebook love, and I am grateful for friends and family who know that we Leos need validation, not always but sometimes.  My body, mind, and spirit are in a good place, as I have made a renewed effort to take better care of all aspects of myself.  My skin is glowing (thanks, Origins!), my brain is stimulated (thanks, Broward Library!), my attitude is dialed back to lesser expectations (thanks, meditation and yoga... and maybe a glass or two of pinot grigio... 😄 )

Check out the list of presents/presence I received (so far), which reiterates that my dear ones have more than a finger on the pulse of my personality... 💖

~ dragonfly crossbody wallet and cellphone holder from Melanie
~ Michelle Obama Becoming Journal (made my first entry today!) and card from Michele
~ Nancy Pelosi Patron Saint of Shade clapback candle from Stephen and Jess
~ Zoom call Tuesday night with Nancy, Brian, RobbyG, Dave, and Russ 
~ Parlour Vegan lunch sent via UberEats from my daughter Sarah
~ phone calls from all my children
~ thoughtful texts, e-mails (from Laurie, sharong, and CT), and phone calls from friends
~ aforementioned comments on my blog
~ phone call with my sister
~ WhatsApp call with Sarah and Colin
~ Chinese food delivery
~ basket of vegan goodies (most of them homemade), card, and visit from Nancy
~ card from Roxanne
~ Zoom birthday co-celebration with Judi (whose birthday was yesterday); call with Nancy, Suzanne, SusanP, Sarah and Colin, Jennifer and Elowen, Cheryl
~ 864511320 bumper sticker (look it up!) and card from Judi
~ Family get-together yesterday at our old neighborhood park:  Lala-saurus Rex (purple!) T-shirt from Sarah and Colin; massager (for my sciatica) from Rob and Eric, And the Answer Is... (Alex Trebek memoir) from Chico, all with cards

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am feeling the birthday love, and continue to count myself lucky and blessed every day/minute/second.  "Some kinda ecstasy got a hold on me" indeed!

NR:  Father of the Rain by Lily King (three decades of a volatile relationship between a charismatic, alcoholic father and the daughter who loves him.  hmmm, sound familiar?!?  And, although my Dad died in 1995, today would have been his 90th birthday.  Synchronicity strikes again.)


SONG:  Wondering Where the Lions Are by Bruce Cockburn

BOOK:  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis

POEM:  Leo (July 23 - August 22) Horoscope by Genie Graveline

You're very ambitious, you love to lead
You're driven to greatness and want to succeed
You're strong and dependable, honest, too
but showing emotion is hard for you
You're usually eager to give advice
When it comes to your temper, try to think twice
You're a lover of life with a childish side
Yet a loner at times, with a need to hide
You're quite independent, and generous, too
You set your goals and you carry them through
You need reassurance from day to day
And diplomacy, sometimes, is not your forte'
Your sign is fire and your planet's the Sun
When you take control, you get the job done
If you find the right mate, you're the marrying kind
You're Leo, relax, take the time to unwind

QUOTE:  "Becoming isn't about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim.  It's forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self." ~ Michelle Obama

2 comments:

  1. And it's not over yet! The Birthday month continues!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete