Friday, May 15, 2009

This Bouquet (Ani DiFranco)


Yesterday was my two-year blogiversary... and I missed it - I'm known for being punctuality-challenged... but I even forgot my own celebration! Just goes to show how much in Overwhelmed Mode I really am - Calgon, take me away... :-)

So... what has happened here in the last year?

We went on an
amazing family vacation in early-August, I was laid off mid-October and I was asked to contribute to Star Maker Machine about the same time (which went a long way toward saving my sanity) - I find myself blogging less but enjoying life more. My Word of the Year was Health - I'm not there yet... but each day is a conscious effort to move toward...

My
mom's health continues to decline and I'm actually leaving this Tuesday to fly up to the Atlanta area to spend two weeks with her - one of my children (middle child R) moved out... right before another (youngest child E) came home from college for the summer. We had a family dinner last night (we aim for them weekly) and it was a joy - we're hoping all five of us can get away on vacation sometime in the next few months to re-create the Ft. Myers Beach memories of our past...

I cherish my friends: the forever (I'm still recovering from our four-hour lunch yesterday), the fairly-new (bring on the Day Ones!), the geographically-distant ("balloon man lives in it too") and everyone in between - to use a Cruise-ism: you complete me (ha... :-)

Every day continues to be a growth opportunity, as I find my balance, set my boundaries and re-frame my priorities - here's/cheers to another year of music and magic and mayhem, oh my!

SONG:
This Bouquet by Ani DiFranco

BOOK:
The Best of Inquiring Mind: 25 Years of Dharma, Drama, and Uncommon Insight by Barbara Gates, Wes Nisker (Editors)

POEM: What Have I Learned by Gary Snyder

What have I learned but
the proper use for several tools?

The moments
between hard pleasant tasks

To sit silent, drink wine,
and think my own kind
of dry crusty thoughts.

—the first Calochortus flowers
and in all the land,
it's spring.
I point them out:
the yellow petals, the golden hairs,
to Gen.

Seeing in silence:
never the same twice,
but when you get it right,

you pass it on.

QUOTE: "Work hard to improve your mind and body. Nourish your spirit. Do the things you fear." ~ Robin S. Sharma

2 comments:

  1. Happy (Belated) Anniversary, dear friend! What a lovely lunch we had...sigh....I daresay we could've sat there another 4 hours and still not caught up on each other's lives! Thank you for continuing to be my Forever Friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, M ~

    Thanks for the well-wishes - can't believe it's been two years since I've been using this medium to spew and send!

    Our liquid lunch was so enjoyable (major understatement) - promise me that when I get back in town (in two weeks) we'll do it again... :-)

    ReplyDelete