Friday, February 13, 2009

The Ocean of My Heart (Jennings and Keller)


Dedicated to myself (featuring a song written by my dear friend Laurie... who just happens to be playing my concert series this Saturday night... :-)

I've been working very hard on my Word of the Year vow to take care of myself - every day is far from perfect, but I've made progress and I'm becoming the person I want to be. Thanks, heart... lungs... legs... arms... spirit... brain... etc. for hanging in there with me - it will be worth it, I promise...

SONG: The Ocean of My Heart by Jennings and Keller (lyrics unavailable, but you can listen here...)

BOOK: The Answer is Simple...Love Yourself, Live Your Spirit! by Sonia Choquette

POEM: Love after Love by Derek Walcott

The time will come

when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other’s welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

QUOTE: "Love is love. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love." ~ Leo Tolstoy

No comments:

Post a Comment