Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Unworthy (Cheryl Wheeler)

This post came together through a mad divergence of circumstances in my life, redundant when I consider that is exactly how my life truly operates... when all is running according to plan - I may have said this before (deja vu as well as synchronicity)... but I love the Doris Lessing quote: "coincidence is god's way of remaining anonymous"!

I am spotlighting a very-dear-to-my-heart Cheryl Wheeler song, which I mentioned waaaaay back in my first week of blogging - however, it's not really cheating since I didn't use it for the blog post title, right?... :-)

I think I've actually calmed down a bit in the almost 17 months since - I still have almost as many extra-curricular activities on my plate... but I do believe I've found better balance, fine-tuned my organizational skills and re-aligned my priorities. Release was my Word of the Year - I think it's working... :-)



Let your life be the poem you write.
Let your heart be the portrait you paint. ~ Bonkonon

May morning be astir with the harvest of night;
Your mind quickening to the eros of a new question,
Your eyes seduced by some unintended glimpse
That cut right through the surface to a source.

May this be a morning of innocent beginning,
When the gift within you slips clear
Of the sticky web of the personal
With its hurt and its hauntings,
And fixed fortress corners,

A Morning when you become a pure vessel
For what wants to ascend from silence,

May your imagination know
The grace of perfect danger,

To reach beyond imitation,
And the wheel of repetition,

Deep into the call of all
The unfinished and unsolved

Until the veil of the unknown yields
And something original begins
To stir toward your senses
And grow stronger in your heart

In order to come to birth
In a clean line of form,
That claims from time
A rhythm not yet herd,
That calls space to
A different shape.

May it be its own force field
And dwell uniquely
Between the heart and the light

To surprise the hungry eye
By how deftly it fits
About its secret loss.

QUOTE: "The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep." ~ Paul Strand

No comments:

Post a Comment