Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Have a Dream (ABBA)

I met up with my BookWomen this afternoon to see Mamma Mia!... and we all absolutely loved it - the acting/singing/costumes/scenery were amazing... and Meryl Streep was perfection (as always... :-)

What a fun, light-hearted, escapist film - after a crazy and stormy and grumpy (oh, my) week, it was just what the doctor ordered!





Does your mother know about our last summer?
when i sent you an SOS because you were slipping through my fingers
"Honey, Honey, Honey please take a chance on me"
were the only words you could say.
I prayed that someone would gimme gimme gimme the strength
to be a super trouper and get through this.
voulez-vous me to tell you
the name of the game
you think that because they crown the dancing queen that the winner takes it all
But that's not how it works.
Knowing me, knowing you it has to come down to one of us
and i have a dream of saying I do, I do, I do, I do, I do.
So thank you for the music and letting me be your chiquitita
Because, Mamma Mia,
When all is said and done, money, money, money doesn't matter
As long as you lay all your love on me.

QUOTE: "We danced on the beach, kissed on the beach and dot, dot, dot." ~ Sophie, reading from Donna's diary

P.S. Just a reminder that I'll be on Michael Stock's Folk and Acoustic Show, WLRN 91.3, tomorrow (Sunday, August 24) at 2 p.m. to discuss our upcoming Labyrinth Cafe concert series season - it is also webstreamed if you care to listen in long-distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment