Friday, July 23, 2021

All Shall Be Well (The Accidentals and Mary Gauthier)

S invited me for coffee at her home yesterday morning, along with her friend C, who used to live next door but has moved a few towns over.  They have been getting together every Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon for *many* years, and S felt C and I needed to meet (soulmates, she called us).  Confused yet?... 😍

D*mn!  The force is strong with those two.  I felt an instant connection, and it was the most delightful two hours I've spent in a very long time (other than reading - ha!).   The conversation was easy, entertaining, stimulating.  If you know me at all, you understand that I feel I am in the right place at the right time when everything just clicks.  So. Many. Clicks!  You will also recall that I believe there are no accidents (Synchronicity for the win).  It was honestly as if metaphorical stepping stones were appearing right before my very eyes (feet?), as one topic of discussion (boom!) led to something else (pow!) which unveiled another epiphany (bam!).

I have mentioned previously that, now I'm retired, job/career-wise as well as from the concert series, I've been struggling with re-finding my Life Purpose.  I know I have a lot to offer, but it's been on a back burner during the pandemic... and I'm now ready to shine my light and spirit back into the world again.

All this to say, I have been handed two perfectly-made-for-me opportunities on the proverbial silver platter, which I will discuss more in detail next week.  For now just let me say that I am throwing myself All In with both, at least a once-a-week commitment for now.  For the first time in a while, I am very Very VERY excited about the Future with a capital F... 💖

My sweet grandbaby Colin turned three years old this past Wednesday; he deserves a full blog post and, by god, he'll get it... next week!

Long-story-short (look for the Extended Dance Mix, also next week), my dear friend Melanie *finally* had her long-awaited kidney transplant and, because those operations are not cheap, our mutual friend Dave set up a GoFundMe page.  Please contribute if you're able... 💞



It is indeed Feel Good Friday and, as is tradition, five items below of beauty, interest, and humor to brighten your day/weekend/week.  Enjoy! 

Why Jane Goodall Still Has Hope for Us Humans:  Wherever the story of our natural world ultimately lands, Jane Goodall will have earned a proud place in its telling.


These vegan crayons are made from green onions, purple potatoes, corn, and other would-be wasted vegetables:  Created by a mother in Japan, the Vegetable Crayons use discarded vegetable waste to create safer and more eco-friendly crayons for kids. 


When My World Fell Apart, I Turned to Puzzles:  A woman found that when her life was unstable, jigsaw puzzles provided a reliable solution.


RealWomenRealSongs Season 3:  This page serves as home to 28 women. They are all songwriters and all committed to writing 52 songs this year.  Each week the women will be given a prompt to write their songs from. And on their specific day of the week, they will post their newly-written, untweaked songs RIGHT HERE for your listening pleasure.  We hope that you will follow their journey: the ups and downs, the writer's block, the grand successes when they get it right. AND we hope that in in watching them take risks and being vulnerable with their dreams, YOU will become inspired to create something of your own, be it a song, a painting, that book you've been dying to write...the possibilities are endless! 


What Matters in a Name Sign?  We look at the origins of name signs in deaf culture, including one recently assigned to Vice President Harris.





POEM:  I Am Much Too Alone in This World, Yet Not Alone by Rainer Maria Rilke

I am much too alone in this world, yet not alone
    enough
to truly consecrate the hour.
I am much too small in this world, yet not small
    enough
to be to you just object and thing,
dark and smart.
I want my free will and want it accompanying
the path which leads to action;
and want during times that beg questions,
where something is up,
to be among those in the know,
or else be alone.

I want to mirror your image to its fullest perfection,
never be blind or too old
to uphold your weighty wavering reflection.
I want to unfold.
Nowhere I wish to stay crooked, bent;
for there I would be dishonest, untrue.
I want my conscience to be
true before you;
want to describe myself like a picture I observed
for a long time, one close up,
like a new word I learned and embraced,
like the everday jug,
like my mother's face,
like a ship that carried me along
through the deadliest storm.

QUOTE:  "Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions." ~ Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. I will just always fall short of ever loving you enough!!! There will always be more love to give!!! 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Melanie (and of course I know this is you by the plethora of exclamation points!!!!!), puhleeze... your generosity of spirit is overflowing and far-reaching and infinity + 1. *Always* more love indeed... <3

      Delete