Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Possum Kingdom (The Toadies)

Even vampires need love... or a reasonable facsimile thereof - I've been fascinated with The Undead since first watching Bela Lugosi on the screen decades ago... and I still think Salem's Lot is one of the most novel (no pun intended) depictions ever...

I nominate my title tune as The Best Soundtrack for a Car Wash Drive-Thru - crank the volume up to 11, sit back and prepare to visit Goosebump City... :-)



POEM: Der Vampir by Heinrich August Ossenfelder

My dear young maiden clingeth
Unbending fast and firm
To all the long-held teaching
Of a mother ever true;
As in vampires unmortal
Folk on the Theyse's portal
Heyduck-like do believe.
But my Christine thou dost dally,
And wilt my loving parry
Till I myself avenging
To a vampire's health a-drinking
Him toast in pale tockay.

And as softly thou art sleeping
To thee shall I come creeping
And thy life's blood drain away.
And so shalt thou be trembling
For thus shall I be kissing
And death's threshold thou' it be crossing
With fear, in my cold arms.
And last shall I thee question
Compared to such instruction
What are a mother's charms?

QUOTE: "Until then, mio dolce amor, a thousand kisses; but give me none in return, for they set my blood on fire." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte, letter to wife Josephine, December 1795

No comments:

Post a Comment